EverDrive N8 (NES ver.)
EverdDrive-N8 RAM cartridge for Famicom/NES with SD interface.
- Famicom, NES, and Twin Famicom systems are supported.* Many NES/FC clones supported as well.
- Cart supports NES and FDS ROM images.
- Automatic disk side swap for FDS.
- Expansion audio.**
- Save State function
- Game Genie cheat code support.
- Automatically backs-up saves to SD card. There is no need to push reset before shutting down the system.***
- Mapper support can be extended via software updates. As easy as loading new mappers files on SD card.
- FAT / FAT16 / FAT32 file system formats are supported.
- Supports SD (SD & SDHC) cards up to 32GB.
- Quick loading of game files (approx. 4-8 seconds).
- USB port for home-brew and mappers development (optional).
- Powerful Cyclone II FPGA.
- 2 x 512Kbyte SRAM for PRG and CHR data.
- 128Kbyte battery backed memory. It write save data to SD.
- Max II CPLD to handle FPGA reconfiguration, BIOS, SD and USB interfaces.
- 1Mbyte flash BIOS.
- Voltage shift buffers on PPU and CPU bus for matching levels between 5v NES bus and 3.3 EverDrive bus. Far better than simple resistor buffers at reducing noise and power consumption.
* Famicom version of cart requires Famicom to NES adapter to be used with NES. NES version of cart requires NES to Famicom adapter to be used with Famicom.
** Only Famicom can output expansion sound without modification. NES systems require modification to support this feature.
*** FDS is the only exception, user should push the reset button on system to get back to main menu before than shutting down the system, otherwise FDS save data will be lost.
- At first boot, CIC chip may need reconfiguration. Look at this video for details.
- My cartridge shells is refurbished, they are not a brand new. Shell may have some signs of cosmetic wear
- My cartridge shells do not have a hole for USB.
- NES front loader form factor not allow to use USB, USB can be used only with top load systems.
- USB port feature useful only for developers. USB completely useless for gamers.
- Shipping & Delivery information
Plastic shells out of stock. Restock time is unknown